Towards improving the agricultural sector by enhancing farmers’ productivity, Tractor Owners and Hiring Facilities Association of Nigeria (TOHFAN) has distributed tractors to farmers in Zaria, Kaduna State.


The tractors were made available to the beneficiaries after they have contributed 20% of the amount required while the bank provides the remaining 80%, which they will refund later.

ZAR 1 ZAR 2 ZAR 3

Chairman of TOHFAN ,Alhaji Danladi Garba, said the association is non-governmental and driven from the passion to improve the state of agriculture and make it more convenient for farmers, added that the operation of TOFHAN is commercially based but made affordable for farmers.

TOHFAN which was established in 2003 with nine tractors and six members now has 255 tractors and members from different parts of the country which have benefited from the program so far and in turn boosted their productivity.

One of the beneficiaries Idris Mamman, from Niger state who joined the association three years ago lauded the arrangement between TOHFAN and the bank for the tractor loan which he said has been very convenient and stress free. He said he has been able to pay up his loan this is his second acquisition program. He added that with the tractor he acquired 3 years ago he was able to improve his farming from 2 to 8 hectares and with this new tractor he hopes to do more.

Another beneficiary, Dr. Gana Yakub ,a Gynecologist from Federal Medical Center, Bida Niger State said “I was a farmer before I became a medical doctor, I have brothers who are farmers. I came across TOHFAN on the internet and I called the chairman who invited me to Zaria. I decided to apply because I my brothers need more support. In fact, I am very satisfied with the arrangements made by TOHFAN and I have plans to go back into farming.”

TOHFAN is in partnership with FCMB bank to get loan to buy the tractors which are made available to farmers. TOHFAN refunds the loan through hiring of some of the tractors. The beneficiaries who are owners of the tractors are made to pay back as at when convenient for them.